Featured Post

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

On Beauty

A lithuanian in exile, film maker and poet Jonas Mekas has been ahead of his time. One of his film projects is titled As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty. It is an admirable and original diary that is based on one of the world´s first "video" blogs Mekas kept in the seventies. But I like the name of the project most. It is partly nostalgic and sad, but at the same time extremely powerful, almost absolute. Let him conclude himself:

"I do not know where I am, and going to, where I am coming from. I have seen some beauty. Glimpses of beauty and happiness. Yes, la beauté. And it is still beautiful in my memory. And it is real, as real as this film."


(A screenshot from Diaries Notes and Sketches a.k.a. Walden, another movie by Jonas Mekas
)

0 comments:

Contact