Featured Post

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

In Bhutan

Haven' t written anything here for a while. Part of the reason is that I was in Bhutan (now in India). For those who know Estonian, it may be worthwile to check out our travel blog. If we talk about virtualities and travelling, then of course, it is a major topic. Take myself for example. I made 655 pictures there, as my camera says, but none of these was made of dog poo or some ugly building. All I did was taking pictures of the bhutanese best sides. The outcome is beautiful, but pretty virtual.

At the same time the important point here is that you can never escape the choices you make and they are never fully real. As someone wrote about this Chinese emperor who wanted a perfect map of China. First he built a small map that was updated daily after disasters or other changes happened. In the end he wanted to make a map as big as China itself...

(That picture was actually made by my travelmate, my camera wire is with the lost baggage.)

0 comments:

Contact